First set of 84 Nigerians have evacuated from South Africa which are expected to land in Nigeria today at about 2.pm  at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos together with some officials of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

According to them, 640 Nigerians have shown their desire to return from South Africa and have registered to do so. Also, according to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, revealed this in an update told to the press in Abuja today, which said that though about 313 Nigerians in South Africa were confirmed as the ones to form the first set of evacuees, only about 84 of them there will arrive today on because they were the only ones allowed to embark on the flight to Nigeria. It was also added by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs that the 2nd batch of evacuees would depart Johannesburg for Nigeria on Friday, 13 of September, 2019.

They said in the interview: “The Air peace aircraft which was scheduled to take off at 9a.m local time was delayed due to the fact that checking in and clearance procedures by immigration are very very slow.”

“There are complaints of system failure and out of the 313 confirmed for first batch of evacuation today, only 84 are cleared so far.”

“The more the Aircraft waits for the passengers, the higher the amount the Aircraft will pay for Parking,” the ministry stated.”

Advertisements